12th April 2014
1) From the great @Adcontrarian (Bob Hoffman) speaking at the Advertising Week conference, on The Golden Age of Bullshit.
2) Interesting piece on how social media accelerates access to new and different information – a new study by Newsworks and Twitter has found that 60% of respondents had engaged with News brands on Twitter, that they wouldn’t typically read in print.
3) Everything you need to know about the Heartbleed Virus.
4) From Frederic Filloux – Why Religion is a safer bet than Facebook – ‘Casting doubt on Facebook’s future is like going to Rome and questioning the existence of God. It’s not the right venue to do so….. Why then, question Facebook’s future? Mainly for two reasons: ARPU evolution and diversification’.
5) So they may soon find Flight 370, but just how deep could the aircraft be? Take a look at this amazing graph to really understand the Depth of The Problem – It could be 15,000 feet down.
7) If Social Networks were Game of Thrones Houses – ‘When you play the game of social media, you win or you die’.
The new series is on our screens, but If you have missed out on the story so far, here is a re-cap from Wired.
And (gruesome alert) here is every on-screen death from the first three seasons of the show.
9) Interesting piece from @neilperkin’s, @fraggl feed: “‘Big data’ has arrived, but big insights have not. The challenge now is to solve new problems and gain new answers – without making the same old statistical mistakes on a grander scale than ever. Tim Harford from Undercover Economist, asks whether we’re making a Big mistake with Big Data.
10) How to explain Bitcoin to your Mum (comic strip) I think, with this, I finally get it….