1) Gmail is 10 years old and one of Google’s biggest successes, but it was very nearly a complete flop.
2) So you think you are as smart as the CIA? Welcome to The Good Judgment Project – a four-year research study organised as part of a US government-sponsored forecasting tournament. Thousands of people around the world predict global events. Their collective forecasts are surprisingly accurate.
3) Not able to make the Future Everything gathering in Manchester? This is what went on.
4) You’ve always wanted to know right? – The Economist compares Apples with Oranges.
5) Here’s a stat from the US , National Safety Council that probably won’t surprise you. Twenty-six percent of car crashes are tied to cellphone use.And here’s a stat that might surprise you. Just five percent involve texting.
6) Why we rarely notice Major Movie Bloopers – A new study in Nature Neuroscience by the MIT, suggests that humans are equipped with “serially dependent” visual perception, a process that uses prior stimuli and current information to construct the scene in front of us.
7) Turkey has blocked Twitter and now You Tube – Here are the other countries blocking social media. They are all in the Middle / Far East.
8) In an ‘always on’ world , here is the very real harm being caused in aWorld Without Darkness.
9) The Evolution of the Movie Trailer.
10) Quite something – GoPro: Dane Jackson’s 60ft Waterfall Drop.