7th June 2014
1) The Normandy landings took place 70 years ago yesterday. Here is a map of where and how it all happened.
And from The Guardian – Photographs of locations in France and England to match with archive images taken before, during and after the D-day Landings.
2) An Entertainment Platform – The Future for Twitter?
“Twitter is also experimenting with features that highlight tweets on particular topics, such as upcoming television shows and other big events, and it has tried sending emails and notifications to people to point out popular tweets and accounts that many of their Twitter friends are following,” Vindu Goel of the New York Times …and the Top 10 TV Shows on Twitter in the past year : ‘Breaking Bad’ is way ahead of the competition.
3) Social Capital: The Secret Behind Airbnb and Uber – The Social Economy Pyramid.
4) From Digital Buzz – Predictions for Cannes Lions Winners , next week.
5) Seven Trends that are revolutionising TV Advertising.
6) Apple unveils iOS 8 at it’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference.
7) The Face Tracking Tech Powering Amazon’s New 3D Smartphone.
8) Google takes to Space with plans to spend billions launching a fleet of satellites that will provide connectivity to the unwired regions of the globe.
Back on Earth, Google Maps Takes You Inside the World Cup Stadiums.
And still on the World Cup, many of us have horrific flashbacks of the never-ending drone of the despised Vuvuzela. Well, meet the World Cup’s newest noisemaker: The altogether more amenable Caxirola – although apparently these noisemakers will not be allowed in the stadiums.
9) The Economist on Football: ‘Beautiful Game , Dirty Business’.
The World Cup is the biggest single sporting event when it comes to television audience. But what about when it comes to attendance? Here’s a chart of who attends what ( may need to register ).
10) This is Much Better – Alternate ‘Game of Thrones’ Scene Gives Red Viper the Ending He Deserves.